When a worker is not covered by Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
When an employee is injured at work, there is likely a great need for funds to cover their treatment and the cost of lost wages. Workers who believe they may be able to apply for Long Term Disability Insurance, however, should be aware of the following circumstances that are not under the scope of this insurance:
- Workers who are disabled by deliberately inflicting themselves.
- Workers who failed to complete medication from previous illnesses or injuries.
- Workers who are disabled as a result of war.
- Workers who got disabled after being involved in criminal activities.
- Workers who got disabled after being involved in tumultuous situations like riots.
If you are a disabled worker and are considering filing for your long term disability insurance, working with an experienced lawyer could be crucial to fully understanding the coverage of your insurance. Consult with the Indiana-based attorneys at the Hankey Law Office today by calling (800) 520-3633 to learn more about your options.