Filing complaint against entities covered by HIPAA

Any worker who believes that their rights have been violated by an entity regulated by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 can file a complaint to the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) with the following requirements:

  • Workers may use snail mail, email, fax, or the complaint portal of the OCR in filing their complaint
  • Workers should clearly identify the name of the party that committed the violation and clearly describe their actions
  • Upon discovering a violation, the person filing a complaint only has 180 days

The attorneys at the Hankey Law Office represent people in Indiana in need of assistance filing for benefits. In order to get the benefits you need call (800) 520-3633 today to discuss your options with a skilled member of our team.