Indiana and VA to exchange medical records

Yesterday, the Veterans Affairs Department announced that it will launch an effort to share its medical records electronically with private healthcare providers across Indiana. ┬áMembers of the Indiana Health Information Exchange will soon be able to receive veterans’ health records from the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center in Indianapolis. ┬áThe IHIE includes Regenstrief Institute, “five hospital networks, insurers, local and state health departments, and thousands of private physicians”.

The efforts by the VA are a part of the Obama administration’s Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record, or VLER, program that would create a single electronic record to manage all military veterans’ medical histories.

If you or someone you know needs to file for veterans’ affairs disability benefits, contact the Indiana veterans’ affairs disability benefits lawyers of Hankey Law Office P.C. at (800) 520-3633 to learn more about your rights.